ATTENTION ON THE INTENTION
Lead a successful life.
1. Approach your life with love and compassion, with radical acceptance and detachment. Calm your mind. Be free from desire. Love where you are at this moment in time.
2. Forgive yourself and others for hurting you. Be patient with your faults and flaws. You cannot change for the better until you accept who you are now.
3. Negative thoughts, emotions, and actions should be avoided at all costs; it is not beneficial for anyone. Obviously, though, negativity is part of everyone’s life. So we must, therefore, let them come and let them pass without judgement. Don’t act on them. Realize that they are only thoughts and what you think is not always what is true. Don’t hold onto it—detach.
4. Happiness is a choice. Let go of resistance, fear, shame, and guilt. Just be happy! If it is not easy just to be happy quite yet, you must stay positive. Find the beauty in the things you do. There is beauty in even the ugliest scenarios. Just say “yes” to your situations, accept them as they are and they will become brighter.
5. Aim to make others happy. Make your presence one that causes them to feel good and you will feel goodness in return.
6. Think in a long-term perspective. What can you do now that will benefit you in the future? Productivity is key. And a long-term perspective will keep you productive, motivated, and persistent.
7. Be mindful of your thoughts and actions. Staying present to the moment will keep your attention on the intention: if you are always mindful that you want to lead a successful life, it will be easier to do things you don’t particularly want to do presently. Remember why you’re working.
8. Just do it. Whatever it is; chores, dishes, exercise, homework, your job, whatever. Just do it. Laziness, apprehension, and resistance only hold you back and keep you back. If you just do whatever you need to do, you’ll be one step closer to success and happiness. In fact, if you just do it, you are already in the midst of practicing a successful lifestyle! Make yourself proud.
9. Eat healthy and stay active. Every day! You’ll feel better physically and mentally. And after a while of eating right and exercising regularly, you’ll never want to stop. I swear, it’s addicting.
10. Face every day with courage. Believe in the unique beauty you have to offer and own it. Work it. Love it. Affirm the good qualities within you and they will begin increasing.
11. Meditate regularly. It keeps you focused, present, patient, and happy. And it lowers blood pressure, therefore relieving stress and calming your mind. Remember to keep your mind calm. During your meditation it might be a good idea to silently repeat mantras like “Dive within,” or “May I be happy, may I be free of suffering, may I be enlightened, may I know the natural joy of being alive,” or “I am beautiful, I am intelligent, I am compassionate.” I think you get the jist…
12. NEVER give up on yourself. That is the worst thing you could possibly do.